GREAT QUOTES

Gebruikers-avatar
Ton
BerichtenCOLON 4110
GeregistreerdCOLON Do Jan 07, 2016 11:08 am

GREAT QUOTES

Berichtdoor Ton » Vr Feb 24, 2017 11:13 am

"When Holy God draws near in true revival, people come under terrible conviction of sin. The outstanding feature of spiritual awakening has been the profound consciousness of the Presence and holiness of God." - Henry Blackaby

"Revivals begin with God´s own people; the Holy Spirit touches their heart anew, and gives them new fervor and compassion, and zeal, new light and life, and when He has thus come to you, He next goes forth to the valley of dry bones... Oh, what responsibility this lays on the Church of God! If you grieve Him away from yourselves, or hinder His visit, then the poor perishing world suffers...!" - Andrew Bonar

"How we have prayed for a Revival - we did not care whether it was old-fashioned or not - what we asked for was that it should be such that would cleanse and revive His children and set them on fire to win others." - Mary Booth

"To look back upon the progress of the divine kingdom upon earth is to review revival periods which have come like refreshing showers upon dry and thirsty ground, making the desert to blossom as the rose, and bringing new eras of spiritual life and activity just when the Church had fallen under the influence of the apathy of the times." - E.M. Bounds

"There is a growing conviction everywhere, and especially among thoughtful people, that unless revival comes, other forces will take the field, that will sink us still deeper into the mire of humanism and materialism." - Duncan Campbell

"Revival is the visitation of God which brings to life Christians who have been sleeping and restores a deep sense of God´s near presence and holiness. Thence springs a vivid sense of sin and a profound exercise of heart in repentance, praise, and love, with an evangelistic outflow." - J.I. Packer
Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of theFather, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost Matthew 28 : 19

Gebruikers-avatar
Ton
BerichtenCOLON 4110

Re: GREAT QUOTES

Berichtdoor Ton » Vr Mrt 17, 2017 2:08 pm

More GREAT QUOTES

"Many people in the world have not rejected Christ. They have rejected the Christ they´ve seen, projected by Christendom."
- Zac Poonen

"If you will here stop and ask yourself why you are not as pious as the primitive Christians were, your own heart will tell you that it is neither through ignorance nor inability, but because you never thoroughly intended it." - William Law.

"A lot of things that are being spoken of today as the ministry of the Holy Spirit, it´s just emotional exuberance. Because people don´t know what is soul and what is spirit....Young people are so often taken up with that exuberance and say, `Oh, this is Holy Spirit.´ It´s not, if it were Holy Spirit it would bring holiness."
- Zac Poonen

"It was a choice saying of Augustine, 'Every saint is God's temple, and he who carries his temple about him, may go to prayer when he pleaseth'." - Thomas Brooks.

"Prayer is nothing but the breathing that out before the Lord, that was first breathed into us by the Spirit of the Lord." - Thomas Brooks.

-Sermonindex.net
Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of theFather, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost Matthew 28 : 19

Gebruikers-avatar
Ton
BerichtenCOLON 4110

Berichtdoor Ton » Vr Mrt 31, 2017 11:56 am

"Why is there so much speaking, yet so little prayer? Why Is there so much running to and fro to meetings, conventions, fellowship gatherings and yet so little time for prayer'? Brethren, why so many meetings with our fellow men and so few meetings with God?" - Andrew Bonar

"The neglect of prayer is a grand hindrance to holiness."
- John Wesley

"One of the special marks of the Holy Ghost in the Apostolic Church was the spirit of boldness. One of the most essential qualities of faith that is to attempt great things for God and expect great things from God, is holy audacity."
- A. B. Simpson

"Some years ago in China, at a meeting of missionaries and Chinese pastors, one of the Chinese pastors made a striking address. He said that he and his brethren were more than grateful to those who brought them the word of life and the gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ, but yet, he said, there was one thing more which missionaries should teach their spiritual children. This new thing was to pray with authority, so that they might know how to take their stand in faith before the throne and rebuke the forces of evil, holding steady and firm, and gain the victory over them. That same need is tremendously evident today in the experiences of all that are seeking to walk closely with the Lord, and to stand for Him in the face of increasing opposition. Some have spoken of this as `throne prayer´- praying with one's hand touching the throne of God." - T. Stanley Soltau

"It is very much easier to work than to pray. Most of the missionaries are earnest workers. But are we all that we should be in the matter of prayer? Let us not suppose that just any sort of praying will do for China. We must all wrestle with God. `I will not let Thee go unless Thou bless China.´" - Griffith John

"He who has no vision of ETERNITY will never get a true hold of TIME." - T. Carlyle

"The neglected heart will soon be a heart overrun with worldly thoughts; the neglected life will soon become a moral chaos; the church that is not jealously protected by mighty intercession and sacrificial labors will before long become the abode of every evil bird and the hiding place for unsuspected corruption. The creeping wilderness will soon take over that church that trusts in its own strength and forgets to watch and pray." - A. W. Tozer

"We have not been men of prayer. The spirit of prayer has slumbered among us. The closet has been too little frequented and delighted in. We have allowed business, study or active labor to interfere with our closet-hours. And the feverish atmosphere in which both the church and the nation are enveloped has found its way into our prayer closets..." - Andrew Bonar

"If I am concerned that my flock be men and women of prayer, then, as their pastor, I must lead the way; apathy in me will produce apathy in them. The church prayer meeting ought to be the best attended in the week, and if it is, success will follow the ministry of the Word at the weekends. I would rather a thousand times set men and women to pray than teach them to preach."
- J. D. Drysdale

"I would rather teach one man to pray than ten men to preach."
- J. H. Jowett

"Oh, how few find time for prayer! There is time for everything else, time to sleep and time to eat, time to read the newspaper and the novel, time to visit friends, time for everything else under the sun, but - no time for prayer, the most important of all things, the one great essential!" - Oswald Smith

Gebruikers-avatar
Ton
BerichtenCOLON 4110

Berichtdoor Ton » Vr Apr 07, 2017 11:42 am

"The Azusa revival began where every revival should rightly begin - in repentant tears. It began in tears, it lived in tears, and when the tears ended the Azusa revival ended." - A. G. Osterberg

"Are you truly a Spirit-filled Christian? Does the term "Spirit-filled" describe your doctrine or your devotion?" - David Smithers

"Many do not recognize the fact as they ought, that Satan has got men fast asleep in sin and that it is his great device to keep them so. He does not care what we do if he can do that. We may sing songs about the sweet by and by, preach sermons and say prayers until doomsday, and he will never concern himself about us, if we don't wake anybody up. But if we awake the sleeping sinner he will gnash on us with his teeth. This is our work - to wake people up." - Catherine Booth

"Spirit filled souls are ablaze for God. They love with a love that glows. They serve with a faith that kindles. They serve with a devotion that consumes. They hate sin with fierceness that burns. They rejoice with a joy that radiates. Love is perfected in the fire of God." - Samuel Chadwick

"How is it that the soul being of such value, and God so great, eternity so near and yet we are so little moved?" - William Bramwell

"Pray, O pray, my brother! never, never quit your hold of the fullness of God; for time is nearly over, and if this fullness be lost it will be lost forever. I am astonished that we do not pray more, yea, that we do not live every moment as on the brink of the eternal world, and in the blessed expectation of that glorious country."

- William Bramwell

"Work as if everything depended upon your work, and pray as if everything depended upon your prayer." - William Booth

"A minister, who prays not, who is not in love with prayer, is not a minister of the Church of God. He is a dry tree, which occupies in vain a place in Christ's garden. He is an enemy, and not a father, of the people. He is a stranger, who has taken the place of the shepherd, and to whom the salvation of the flock is an indifferent thing." - Thomas Coke

Gebruikers-avatar
Ton
BerichtenCOLON 4110

Berichtdoor Ton » Zo Apr 23, 2017 3:21 pm

More GREAT QUOTES
-Sermonindex.net

"The very truths that gave birth to the Pentecostal movement are today generally rejected as too strong." - Frank Bartleman

"Do the Pentecostals look back with shame as they remember when they dwelt across the theological tracks, but with the glory of the Lord in their midst? When they had a normal church life, which meant nights of prayers, followed by signs and wonders, and diverse miracles, and genuine gifts of the Holy Ghost? When they were not clock watchers, and their meetings lasted for hours, saturated with holy power? Have we no tears for these memories, or shame that our children know nothing of such power?"
- Leonard Ravenhill

"This Pentecostal movement is something which God has started at high speed, but the faster we go the greater the need of holiness... May God give us holiness with our Pentecost, for we surely need it. No revival can continue with the blessing of God upon it that does not have a high standard of holiness."
- Donald Gee

"The GREATEST HINDRANCES to the evangelization of the world are those within the Church." - John R. Mott

"The self-righteous never apologize." - Leonard Ravenhill

"When HOLINESS loses its sweetness it is a fierce thing to come in contact with." - Frank Bartleman

"If we refuse to prescribe to the Christ honored methods of humility and prayer, we will certainly be refused for the Master's use in the coming revival." - David Smithers

"They who pray not, know nothing of God, and know nothing of the state of their own souls." - Adam Clarke

--

Gebruikers-avatar
Ton
BerichtenCOLON 4110

Berichtdoor Ton » Vr Apr 28, 2017 1:19 pm

More GREAT QUOTES

"Elisha had more of the Holy Spirit, dead, than most Christians have of Him, alive." - Steve Wilburn

"God doesn't answer prayer, He answers desperate prayer!"
- Leonard Ravenhill

"I don't want to preach GOOD, I want to preach GOD!"
- G.A. Jarquin

"We sometimes talk about the price of revival, and we need to be very careful as to what we mean when we speak like this. We may place that price so high that we put revival right beyond the reach of the ordinary run of mortals. Maybe that is our way of attempting to justify God, that He has not yet, apparently, given the revival His people need.
But that is a wrong done to God and a cruelty done to his church.
There is without doubt a price to be paid for revival, but it is not of necessity the long nights of prayer or excruciating sacrifices, but of simply humbling pride to repent of sin."
- Roy Hession

"Truth must be spoken, however it be taken."-John Trapp

"I'm not an erudite man, but I only have one message. Repent.
That's it. Now I can sit down."
- Ray Greenley

"I bet you there will be people in hell saying, 'I thought there was no condemnation for those in Christ Jesus.'" - G.A. Jarquin

"They will pay $15 for a Christian concert to hear a Christian singer and for free they won't come into the presence of God and call upon the name of the Lord." - Jim Cymbala

"No praying.. no holiness." - Greg Gordon

Gebruikers-avatar
Ton
BerichtenCOLON 4110

Berichtdoor Ton » Vr Mei 05, 2017 1:50 pm

"Whole days and WEEKS have I spent prostrate on the ground in silent or vocal prayer." - George Whitefteld

"All decays begin in the closet; no heart thrives with out much secret converse with God, and nothing will make amends for the want of it." - John Berridge

"There is no power like that of prevailing prayer, of Abraham pleading for Sodom, Jacob wrestling in the stillness of the night, Moses standing in the breach, Hannah intoxicated with sorrow, David heartbroken with remorse and grief, Jesus in sweat of blood.
Add to this list from the records of the church your personal observation and experience, and always there is the cost of passion unto blood. Such prayer prevails. It turns ordinary mortals into men of power. It brings power. It brings fire. It brings rain. It brings life. It brings God."
- Samuel Chadwick

"The Western church has lost the prayer stamina of the mission churches in Asia, Africa, South America, Indonesia, and those of the underground church in many parts of the world. Yes, we are great organizers, but poor pray-ers." - Paul E. Billheimer

"Hell is larger today than it was yesterday, because many of us have failed to pray." - David Smithers

"Truth without enthusiasm, morality without emotion, ritual without soul, are things Christ unsparingly condemned. Destitute of fire, they are nothing more than a godless philosophy, an ethical system, and a superstition." - Samuel Chadwick

Gebruikers-avatar
Ton
BerichtenCOLON 4110

Berichtdoor Ton » Vr Mei 12, 2017 12:50 pm

"I have found that there are three stages in every great work of
God: first, it is impossible, then it is difficult, then it is done."

- Hudson Taylor

"We never test the resources of God until we attempt the IMPOSSIBLE." - F.B. Meyer

"Until we reach for the IMPOSSIBLE through fervent, faith-filled prayer, we will NEVER fulfill our created purpose!" - David Smithers

"Our prayers lay the track down which God´s power can come.
Like a mighty locomotive, his power is irresistible, but it cannot reach us without rails."
- Watchman Nee

"Don´t pray when you feel like it. Have an appointment with the Lord and keep it. A man is powerful on his knees." - Corrie ten Boom

"Is prayer your steering wheel or your spare tire?" - Corrie ten Boom

"Satan trembles when he sees the weakest saint upon his knees."
- William Cowper

"Prayerlessness is a sin." - Corrie ten Boom

Gebruikers-avatar
Ton
BerichtenCOLON 4110

Berichtdoor Ton » Vr Mei 19, 2017 3:16 pm

More GREAT QUOTES
-Sermonindex.net

"One hundred religious persons knit into a unity by careful organization do no constitute a church any more than eleven dead men make a football team. The first requisite is life, always."
- A. W. Tozer

"A man full of hope will be full of action." - Thomas Brooks

"Finney preached, and sometimes the whole congregation would get up and leave! That's good preaching." - Leonard Ravenhill

'If I profess with the loudest voice and clearest exposition every portion of the Word of God except precisely that little point which the world and the devil are at that moment attacking, I am not confessing Christ, however boldly I may be professing Him. Where the battle rages there the loyalty of the soldier is proved and to be steady on all the battle front besides, is mere flight and disgrace if he flinches at that point.' - Martin Luther

"If you don't plan to live the Christian life totally committed to knowing your God and to walking in obedience to Him, then don't begin; for this is what Christianity is all about. It is a change of citizenship, a change of governments, a change of allegience. If you have no intention of letting Christ rule your life, then forget Christianity; it's not for you." - K. Arthur

"Our murmuring is the devil's music." - Thomas Watson

"It is God's way to let ministers try all their strength first, and then He Himself comes and subdues the hearts they cannot."
- Jonathan Edwards

Gebruikers-avatar
Ton
BerichtenCOLON 4110

Berichtdoor Ton » Vr Mei 26, 2017 3:53 pm

More GREAT REVIVAL QUOTES
-Sermonindex.net

"What a man is on his knees before God in secret, that will he be before men: that much and no more." -Fred Mitchell

"Whether we like it or not, asking is the rule of the Kingdom. If you may have everything by asking in His Name, and nothing without asking, I beg you to see how absolutely vital prayer is." -C. H. Spurgeon

"Prayer - secret, fervent, believing prayer - lies at the root of all personal godliness." -William Carey

"There is absolutely no substitute for this secret communion with God. The public Church services, or even the family altar, cannot take the place of the 'closet' prayer. We must deliberately seek to meet with God absolutely alone..." - Gordon Cove

"Prayer meetings are dead affairs when they are merely asking sessions; there is adventure, hope and life when they are believing sessions, and the faith is corporately, practically and deliberately affirmed." - Norman Grubb

"I want deliberately to encourage this mighty longing after God.
The lack of it has brought us to our present low estate. The stiff and wooden quality about our religious lives is a result of our lack of holy desire. Complacency is a deadly foe of all spiritual growth.
Acute desire must be present or there will be no manifestation of Christ to His people. He waits to be wanted. Too bad that with many of us He waits so long, so very long, in vain." - A. W. Tozer

"Out of a very intimate acquaintance with D. L. Moody, I wish to testify that he was a far greater pray-er than he was preacher.
Time and time again, he was confronted by obstacles that seemed insurmountable, but he always knew the way to overcome all difficulties. He knew the way to bring to pass anything that needed to be brought to pass. He knew and believed in the deepest depths of his soul that nothing was too hard for the Lord, and that prayer could do anything that God could do. "
- R. A. Torrey.

"All great soul-winners have been men of much and mighty prayer, and all great revivals have been preceded and carried out by persevering, prevailing knee-work in the closet." - Samuel Logan Brengle

Terug naar